Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm probably biased...

...but I have the SMARTEST students ever!  Today, I gave my students some "free" time after testing, but told them they had to either read from their book bins, or do a Word Work activity [I wanted to be certain they actually did something worthwhile for 15-20 minutes!] My usual suspect finished first and found an activity from my Word Work bin. Well, he thought he found an activity. He pulled out an envelope filled with sentence strips of nouns. He wasn't sure what to do with them, and then told me he wanted to put them in alphabetical order. He then noticed he was sitting on my alphabet rug and decided to use the rug to put the words in ABC order! I loved his sudden inspiration to challenge himself! To be honest, I was a bit jealous I hadn't thought of it myself! What a smart kiddo! Hence, the title of today's post. I loved the idea so much, I took a picture and made sure I wrote a post so everyone could see his awesome idea! Cheap dollar store noun strips and an ABC rug is all you need!




2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when they think of things that you didn't! Sometimes they come up with things I don't think I would have every thought of!!

    Your newest follower!
    Stephany
    http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They definitely do! I loved it. I should tell them what I need ideas for and let them create for me! haha


    Thanks for following Stephany! :)

    ReplyDelete