Saturday, November 21, 2015

Macaroni Grammar

For the past few weeks during our language/grammar studies, we have been learning and mastering rules for punctuation, especially commas. So, before we began to learn about the use of quotation marks in our writing, I wanted to give my students some extra practice that didn't consist of a workbook page. So, I took some sentences, expanded them as I typed, and broke out some macaroni noodles I had to make the lesson more fun and hands-on!



My students glued elbow noodles for apostrophes and commas, and ditalini noodles for periods. When I copied the papers I made, I enlarged them onto 11x17" paper so the words were larger and allowed for room for the noodles. 

I had my students come up to the table to take some of each noodle that they put on a plate and we used white glue to attach them. The little orange bins came from the Dollar Tree, in case you were wondering :)








I created a FREE version for you to do this with your students too! Since I work in a Christian school, there are two worksheet options included: one for Christian classrooms, and one not. The little signs are also included for you too! To download, just click the picture below!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the freebie!! Great activity for these crazy 2 days before Thanksgiving break :0)

    ReplyDelete