Friday, January 15, 2016

I've got a secret!

I've been keeping a secret, and today I FINALLY shared it with my students and thought I should share it with all of you as well!

I gave my students this riddle page. They had to solve the multiplication problems and match the products to a letter to solve the code and discover my secret!

Here's it is, so you can take a minute and guess my secret along with my students! I put it on Facebook today as well so that I could finally announce to the rest of our family and friends!

O-H So Blessed

Did you get it?! If you don't want to figure out what it says, here's the answer....

MRS. MORRISON IS HAVING A BABY!

Yep, that's right! I'm pregnant! My husband and I are expecting our first child in July and we are so excited to finally be sharing the news with everyone we know!


I made a version of this fun riddle page for any teacher to use! It says "Your teacher is having a baby!" using multiplication or addition facts, instead of having a specific teacher's name. If you or a colleague ever need to reveal a pregnancy to their class, you can download by clicking here!



Thanks so much for sharing in my secret today with my hubby and I! I can't wait to continue sharing more with you as we continue this new journey!



11 comments:

  1. Wooooo Hoooooo! So excited it's FINALLY out! I'm so happy for you both and can't wait to meet your little peanut!
    Love,
    Aunt Ruby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Tami! We met at the TpT meet up in Binghamton in May!
    A healthy and happy nine months to you! All the best!
    MIchele
    Triple the Love In Grade 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember! Thanks so much, Michele! I won't be seeing you there this year, but hopefully next year! :)

      Delete
  3. Tami!!! Congratulations!!! I was just on your IG to see how you've been and then saw THIS! What a beautiful blessing and I love the way you shared that with your class. I may use this on how to tell my students I am getting married. Thank you for the inspiration! Are you planning a meetup in March? If you are and need help let me know [pinspiredteacher@gmail.com]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Thank you so much for sharing this. I think it is a fabulous way to share the big news with students (and parents when they bring it home). A little note: the addition pages still say "multiplication" in the directions at the top of the page. Again, thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is DARLING!! I can't wait to use this with my 3rd graders this year too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across this as I'm looking for a way to tell my class. Do you by chance have this in addition/subtraction???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do! It comes in both multiplication & addition for free here in my TpT store :)
      https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pregnancy-Announcement-Riddle-2308199

      Delete